Solar Panel Cost Guide in Monticello, IA (Feb 2023)
- Monticello Solar Installation Cost: $18,847
- 25-Year Savings: $30,563
- Payback Period: 9.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Monticello
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be a lot of work. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some in Monticello:
See all of the solar companies in Monticello
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Monticello
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Monticello: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,770 per kilowatt in Monticello. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Monticello provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Monticello, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Monticello are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$18,403||9.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$24,848||9.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$31,448||9.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$38,203||9.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$45,113||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$52,178||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$59,398||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$66,774||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Monticello, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.