Solar Panel Cost Guide in Maquoketa, IA (Jan 2023)
- Maquoketa Solar Installation Cost: $18,828
- 25-Year Savings: $29,102
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Maquoketa
Trying to install solar panels on your own can be a time-consuming project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar companies offer can be invaluable as well, especially if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some in Maquoketa:
See all of the solar companies in Maquoketa
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Maquoketa
For many Maquoketa homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Maquoketa, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,770. The kind of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will largely impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Maquoketa to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Maquoketa, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$17,520||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$23,670||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$29,975||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$36,436||9.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$43,051||9.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$49,822||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$56,748||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$63,829||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Maquoketa, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.