Solar Panel Cost Guide in Humboldt, IA (Jan 2023)
- Humboldt Solar Installation Cost: $18,750
- 25-Year Savings: $19,010
- Payback Period: 12.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Humboldt
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it takes extra effort and know-how. That's why most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
Working with a vetted solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Humboldt
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Humboldt
There are many factors that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,770 per kilowatt in Humboldt. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Humboldt, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. While solar loans make going solar more accessible for Humboldt homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will impact your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$11,332||12.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$15,420||12.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$19,662||12.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$24,060||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$28,613||11.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$33,321||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$38,184||11.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$43,203||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will affect not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they know how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
EcoWatch's Humboldt, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.