Solar Panel Cost Guide in Dyersville, IA (Jan 2023)
- Dyersville Solar Installation Cost: $18,905
- 25-Year Savings: $30,505
- Payback Period: 9.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Dyersville
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be challenging. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Dyersville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Dyersville
There are several criteria that can affect your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Dyersville, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable route because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Dyersville are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$18,301||10.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$24,711||9.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$31,277||9.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$37,997||9.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$44,873||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$51,904||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$59,090||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$66,432||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Read the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the overall cost, project timeline incentives and warranties.
EcoWatch's Dyersville, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.