Solar Panel Cost Guide in Carroll, IA (Feb 2023)
- Carroll Solar Installation Cost: $18,634
- 25-Year Savings: $28,305
- Payback Period: 9.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Carroll
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a stressful undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for your home.
Working with a vetted solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Carroll
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Carroll
There are several factors that can affect your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,770. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Carroll, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Carroll homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar system can impact the cost. Carroll's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$17,204||10.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$23,248||10.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$29,448||9.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$35,803||9.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$42,314||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$48,979||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$55,799||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$62,775||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Carroll, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.