Solar Panel Cost Guide in Asbury, IA (Feb 2023)
- Asbury Solar Installation Cost: $18,905
- 25-Year Savings: $30,505
- Payback Period: 9.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Asbury
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners decide to hire a solar company since handling can be a difficult project. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for you.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Asbury
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Asbury
There are a number of criteria that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,770 per kilowatt in Asbury. The brand of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Asbury homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Asbury homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you choose will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$18,295||10.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$24,703||9.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$31,267||9.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$37,986||9.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$44,860||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$51,889||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$59,073||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$66,412||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Asbury, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.