Solar Panel Cost Guide in Summerville, GA (Feb 2023)
- Summerville Solar Installation Cost: $12,477
- 25-Year Savings: $20,912
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Summerville
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installation company since trying to put up solar panels yourself can be challenging. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
Working with a professional solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Summerville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Summerville
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in Summerville: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Summerville, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Summerville homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. Even though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Summerville homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in Summerville, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Summerville know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$17,515||9.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$23,639||9.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$29,906||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$36,316||9.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$42,868||9.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$49,564||8.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$56,402||8.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$63,382||8.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Summerville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one mark of a good company.
EcoWatch's Summerville, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.