Solar Panel Cost Guide in Social Circle, GA (Jan 2023)
- Social Circle Solar Installation Cost: $11,942
- 25-Year Savings: $20,357
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Social Circle
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar panel company since trying to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. Plus, if you're unsure what brand of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Social Circle
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Social Circle
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Social Circle: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. The brand of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will significantly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Social Circle, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar system can affect how much it costs. Social Circle's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and go with the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$17,828||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$24,056||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$30,427||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$36,940||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$43,597||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$50,396||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$57,338||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$64,423||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you opt for will impact not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Social Circle, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.