Solar Panel Cost Guide in Scottdale, GA (Feb 2023)
- Scottdale Solar Installation Cost: $12,084
- 25-Year Savings: $23,576
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Scottdale
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be hard. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Scottdale:
See all of the solar companies in Scottdale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Scottdale
For many Scottdale homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Scottdale, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,550. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Scottdale, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Scottdale have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Scottdale, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$20,470||8.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$27,579||8.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$34,831||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$42,226||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$49,763||8.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$57,444||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$65,267||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$73,232||7.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Scottdale, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry different brands and types of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Scottdale, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.