Solar Panel Cost Guide in Roswell, GA (Feb 2023)
- Roswell Solar Installation Cost: $12,209
- 25-Year Savings: $21,408
- Payback Period: 9.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Roswell
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it takes extra labor and expertise. Because of that, almost all homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Roswell
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Roswell
For many Roswell homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Roswell, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The kind of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Roswell homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar panels can influence your pricing. Roswell's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$18,363||9.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$24,770||9.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$31,320||9.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$38,012||8.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$44,847||8.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$51,825||8.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$58,946||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$66,209||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will influence not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar company has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer various brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Roswell, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.