Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pooler, GA (Jan 2023)
- Pooler Solar Installation Cost: $10,888
- 25-Year Savings: $25,632
- Payback Period: 7.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pooler
When going solar, many homeowners prefer to use a solar installation company since handling can be a challenging project. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Pooler
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pooler
For many Pooler homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Pooler, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar system in Pooler, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. Additionally, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Pooler average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Pooler have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar panels can influence how much you pay. Pooler's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$24,792||7.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$33,342||7.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$42,035||7.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$50,870||7.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$59,848||7.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$68,969||7.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$78,233||6.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$87,639||6.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Pooler, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.