Solar Panel Cost Guide in Madison, GA (Feb 2023)
- Madison Solar Installation Cost: $11,852
- 25-Year Savings: $22,424
- Payback Period: 8.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Madison
When going solar, many homeowners opt to use a solar installer since handling can be a challenging project. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Madison
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Madison
For many Madison homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Madison, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. The model of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will largely influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Further, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a popular option because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar panel system can impact the cost. Madison's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$19,830||9.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$26,726||8.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$33,764||8.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$40,946||8.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$48,270||8.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$55,737||8.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$63,346||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$71,099||7.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Read the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, project timeline rebates and warranties.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Madison, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.