Solar Panel Cost Guide in Holly Springs, GA (Jan 2023)
- Holly Springs Solar Installation Cost: $12,299
- 25-Year Savings: $21,466
- Payback Period: 9.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Holly Springs
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it requires extra energy and expertise. That's one of the reasons the majority of homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Companies can also have access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your home.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Holly Springs
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Holly Springs
The cost of installing a solar system in Holly Springs can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,550 per kilowatt in Holly Springs. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Holly Springs homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Holly Springs homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar panels can impact how much it costs. Holly Springs' solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$18,264||9.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$24,638||9.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$31,154||9.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$37,814||8.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$44,616||8.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$51,561||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$58,648||8.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$65,879||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Holly Springs, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.