Solar Panel Cost Guide in Gresham Park, GA (Feb 2023)
- Gresham Park Solar Installation Cost: $12,084
- 25-Year Savings: $23,576
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Gresham Park
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Using an installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Gresham Park
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Gresham Park
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that determine your overall cost in Gresham Park: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar energy system in Gresham Park, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Gresham Park provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Gresham Park, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$20,470||8.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$27,579||8.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$34,831||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$42,226||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$49,763||8.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$57,444||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$65,267||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$73,232||7.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: The model of solar panel you need plays a role in which company you should choose, since different companies have different panels.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Gresham Park, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.