Solar Panel Cost Guide in Grantville, GA (Feb 2023)
- Grantville Solar Installation Cost: $12,031
- 25-Year Savings: $23,272
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Grantville
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a professional solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Grantville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Grantville
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Grantville is $12,031, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,550. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a popular option because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Grantville is the company you choose to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$20,284||8.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$27,331||8.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$34,521||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$41,853||8.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$49,329||8.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$56,947||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$64,708||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$72,612||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will have different brands and kinds of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Grantville, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.