Solar Panel Cost Guide in Georgetown, GA (Jan 2023)
- Georgetown Solar Installation Cost: $10,888
- 25-Year Savings: $26,727
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Georgetown
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar installation company since installing solar panels on your own can be time-consuming. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for you.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Georgetown:
See all of the solar companies in Georgetown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Georgetown
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Georgetown: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,550. The model of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Further, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Georgetown, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. Though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Georgetown homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of clean energy solutions in Georgetown, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Georgetown know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$25,870||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$34,778||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$43,830||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$53,024||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$62,361||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$71,841||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$81,464||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$91,230||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a good company.
EcoWatch's Georgetown, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.