Solar Panel Cost Guide in Euharlee, GA (Feb 2023)
- Euharlee Solar Installation Cost: $12,352
- 25-Year Savings: $21,157
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Euharlee
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a stressful undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. A solar company can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
If you're searching for a solar company in Euharlee, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Euharlee
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Euharlee
There are a number of criteria that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The kind of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Euharlee, which can reduce, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Euharlee, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$17,915||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$24,172||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$30,572||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$37,115||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$43,801||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$50,630||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$57,601||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$64,715||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: Review the contract terms closely to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, project completion timeline rebates and warranties.
EcoWatch's Euharlee, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.