Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bloomingdale, GA (Feb 2023)
- Bloomingdale Solar Installation Cost: $10,888
- 25-Year Savings: $25,111
- Payback Period: 7.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bloomingdale
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Companies can also have access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for you.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Bloomingdale:
See all of the solar companies in Bloomingdale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bloomingdale
There are a number of factors that can affect your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Bloomingdale, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Bloomingdale to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Bloomingdale, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$24,280||7.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$32,658||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$41,180||7.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$49,844||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$58,652||7.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$67,602||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$76,694||7.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$85,930||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in Bloomingdale, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
EcoWatch's Bloomingdale, GA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.