Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pace, FL (Feb 2023)
- Pace Solar Installation Cost: $10,290
- 25-Year Savings: $25,327
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pace
Trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Pace
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pace
There are several criteria that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,530. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Pace to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to paying more over time because of interest. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Pace homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to clean energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Pace, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.63||$11,051||$25,747||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.58||$14,451||$34,613||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.53||$17,710||$43,620||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.48||$20,827||$52,770||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.43||$23,802||$62,060||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.38||$26,636||$71,493||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.33||$29,328||$81,067||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.28||$31,878||$90,783||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Pace, FL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.