Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lockhart, FL (Feb 2023)
- Lockhart Solar Installation Cost: $9,687
- 25-Year Savings: $21,542
- Payback Period: 7.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lockhart
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Going with a solar company can make your switch to solar power much easier. Companies can also offer access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your family.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Lockhart:
See all of the solar companies in Lockhart
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lockhart
The cost of installing a solar system in Lockhart can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,530. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Lockhart, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a popular choice because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar system can influence the cost. Lockhart's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.63||$11,051||$23,176||8.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.58||$14,451||$31,185||7.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.53||$17,710||$39,336||7.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.48||$20,827||$47,628||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.43||$23,802||$56,062||7.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.38||$26,636||$64,637||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.33||$29,328||$73,355||7.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.28||$31,878||$82,213||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panels running for a long time and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Read the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the total cost, project timeline rebates and warranties.
EcoWatch's Lockhart, FL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.