Solar Panel Cost Guide in Kissimmee, FL (Jan 2023)
- Kissimmee Solar Installation Cost: $9,599
- 25-Year Savings: $22,222
- Payback Period: 7.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Kissimmee
When going solar, many homeowners opt to hire a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. A solar company can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Kissimmee
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Kissimmee
Although the average cost of a solar system in Kissimmee is $9,599, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,530. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Kissimmee average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Kissimmee, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of green energy solutions in Kissimmee, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.63||$11,051||$24,150||7.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.58||$14,451||$32,484||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.53||$17,710||$40,959||7.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.48||$20,827||$49,576||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.43||$23,802||$58,334||7.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.38||$26,636||$67,234||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.33||$29,328||$76,276||6.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.28||$31,878||$85,459||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will affect not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different kinds of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Kissimmee, FL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.