Solar Panel Cost Guide in Windham, CT (Feb 2023)
- Windham Solar Installation Cost: $9,153
- 25-Year Savings: $18,330
- Payback Period: 8.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Windham
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it takes extra time and know-how. Because of that, almost all homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Some solar companies, particularly local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in Windham, optimizing your ROI.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Windham
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Windham
There are a number of criteria that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,800. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Windham, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Windham homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$23,045||8.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$31,040||8.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$39,192||8.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$47,501||8.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$55,967||8.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$64,589||7.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$73,368||7.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$82,304||7.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Windham, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: The model of solar panel you want plays a part in which company you should choose, since different companies offer different panels.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the durability of your solar energy system, ensuring your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Windham, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.