Solar Panel Cost Guide in Oxford, CT (Feb 2023)
- Oxford Solar Installation Cost: $8,879
- 25-Year Savings: $21,481
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Oxford
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners choose to go with a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a challenging project. The payback period on an investment in solar panels will vary based on factors like your location and energy needs, but going with a solar company can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you get the most out of incentives available in your area.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Oxford
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Oxford
The cost of installing a solar system in Oxford can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Oxford, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,800 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Oxford, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Oxford have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you select will impact your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$28,003||7.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$37,651||7.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$47,456||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$57,418||7.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$67,536||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$77,812||6.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$88,244||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$98,833||6.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model has varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for replacement parts and repairs over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Oxford, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.