Solar Panel Cost Guide in Oakville, CT (Feb 2023)
- Oakville Solar Installation Cost: $9,192
- 25-Year Savings: $17,827
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Oakville
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to hire a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Oakville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Oakville
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Oakville is $9,192, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,800. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a solid choice because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can influence how much it costs. Oakville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$22,304||8.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$30,052||8.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$37,957||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$46,019||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$54,238||8.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$62,614||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$71,146||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$79,835||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar company. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
EcoWatch's Oakville, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.