Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Branford, CT (Feb 2023)
- North Branford Solar Installation Cost: $8,879
- 25-Year Savings: $20,720
- Payback Period: 7.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Branford
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make converting to solar power much easier. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in North Branford
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Branford
While the average cost of a solar system in North Branford is $8,879, your final cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,800. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the North Branford average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a popular route because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. While solar loans make going solar more accessible for North Branford homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in North Branford, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in North Branford are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$26,995||7.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$36,307||7.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$45,776||7.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$55,402||7.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$65,184||7.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$75,123||7.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$85,220||6.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$95,472||6.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panels running for years to come and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Solar companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years most likely offer quality solar panel installation and expertise.
EcoWatch's North Branford, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.