Solar Panel Cost Guide in New Milford, CT (Feb 2023)
- New Milford Solar Installation Cost: $9,192
- 25-Year Savings: $17,827
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in New Milford
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar panel installer since installing solar panels on your own can be time-consuming. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in New Milford
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in New Milford
For many New Milford homeowners, the decision to go solar rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in New Milford, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,800 per kilowatt in New Milford. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a popular choice because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's crucial to consider that as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you choose to install your solar panels can play a role in determining the cost. New Milford's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$22,304||8.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$30,052||8.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$37,957||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$46,019||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$54,238||8.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$62,614||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$71,146||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$79,835||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's New Milford, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.