Solar Panel Cost Guide in Milford, CT (Feb 2023)
- Milford Solar Installation Cost: $8,879
- 25-Year Savings: $24,821
- Payback Period: 6.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Milford
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a time-consuming undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Milford:
See all of the solar companies in Milford
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Milford
The cost of installing a solar system in Milford can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,800 per kilowatt in Milford. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. Additionally, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Milford average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Milford homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Milford, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$32,430||6.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$43,553||6.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$54,834||6.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$66,271||6.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$77,865||6.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$89,616||6.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$101,523||6.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$113,588||5.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Milford, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.