Solar Panel Cost Guide in Harwinton, CT (Jan 2023)
- Harwinton Solar Installation Cost: $9,192
- 25-Year Savings: $17,827
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Harwinton
Trying to install solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Harwinton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Harwinton
The cost of installing a solar system in Harwinton can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,800. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Harwinton to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. Even though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Harwinton homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Harwinton, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$22,304||8.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$30,052||8.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$37,957||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$46,019||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$54,238||8.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$62,614||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$71,146||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$79,835||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's necessary to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Harwinton, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.