Solar Panel Cost Guide in Cheshire, CT (Jan 2023)
- Cheshire Solar Installation Cost: $8,879
- 25-Year Savings: $20,112
- Payback Period: 7.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Cheshire
Trying to install solar panels on your own can be a difficult undertaking, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also have access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for you.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Cheshire, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Cheshire
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Cheshire
There are a number of factors that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,800. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is difficult, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar panel system can impact the cost. Cheshire's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Cheshire know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$26,189||8.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$35,232||7.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$44,432||7.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$53,789||7.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$63,302||7.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$72,973||7.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$82,800||7.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$92,784||6.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Cheshire, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the endurance of your solar energy system, making sure your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Cheshire, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.