Solar Panel Cost Guide in Barkhamsted, CT (Feb 2023)
- Barkhamsted Solar Installation Cost: $9,192
- 25-Year Savings: $17,827
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Barkhamsted
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since installing solar panels by yourself can be hard. The payback period on a solar system will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy needs, but going with a solar company can shorten that period. Your provider will be able to help you get the most out of incentives available in your area.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Barkhamsted, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Barkhamsted
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Barkhamsted
There are a number of factors that can affect your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Barkhamsted provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Barkhamsted, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.91||$12,230||$22,304||8.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.86||$15,994||$30,052||8.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.80||$19,600||$37,957||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.74||$23,050||$46,019||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.69||$26,342||$54,238||8.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.63||$29,478||$62,614||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.58||$32,458||$71,146||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.52||$35,280||$79,835||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which company you should choose, since different companies provide different panels.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a quality company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Barkhamsted, CT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.