Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pueblo, CO (Jan 2023)
- Pueblo Solar Installation Cost: $9,246
- 25-Year Savings: $26,413
- Payback Period: 6.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pueblo
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it involves extra time and expertise. For that reason, most people choose to hire a solar panel installer. Plus, if you're unsure what brand of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Pueblo, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Pueblo
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pueblo
For many Pueblo homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Pueblo, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar panel system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,690. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Pueblo homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Pueblo, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$31,859||6.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$42,780||6.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$53,852||6.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$65,074||6.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$76,447||6.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$87,971||6.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$99,645||6.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$111,470||5.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Solar companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years likely offer quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Pueblo, CO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.