Solar Panel Cost Guide in Littleton, CO (Jan 2023)
- Littleton Solar Installation Cost: $9,735
- 25-Year Savings: $16,391
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Littleton
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Littleton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Littleton
For many Littleton homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Littleton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,690. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Littleton average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is difficult, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Littleton is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services at different price points. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and find a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$18,577||9.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$25,070||9.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$31,714||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$38,509||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$45,455||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$52,551||8.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$59,797||8.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$67,195||8.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies to choose from in Littleton, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer various brands and kinds of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panels running for years to come and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Littleton, CO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.