Solar Panel Cost Guide in Evergreen, CO (Feb 2023)
- Evergreen Solar Installation Cost: $9,886
- 25-Year Savings: $17,743
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Evergreen
Installing solar panels on your own can be a stressful task, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers provide can be useful as well, especially if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment you need.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Evergreen, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Evergreen
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Evergreen
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in Evergreen: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in Evergreen, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,690 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Evergreen have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of clean energy solutions in Evergreen, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$19,836||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$26,749||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$33,812||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$41,027||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$48,392||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$55,908||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$63,574||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$71,391||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
EcoWatch's Evergreen, CO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.