Solar Panel Cost Guide in Columbine, CO (Feb 2023)
- Columbine Solar Installation Cost: $9,754
- 25-Year Savings: $15,718
- Payback Period: 9.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Columbine
When going solar, many homeowners decide to go with a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. The expertise that solar companies provide can be valuable as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
Working with a licensed solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Columbine
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Columbine
While the average cost of a solar system in Columbine is $9,754, your final cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Columbine, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Columbine have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Columbine, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,747||10.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,965||9.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$30,332||9.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$36,851||9.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$43,520||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$50,339||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$57,310||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$64,430||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Columbine, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a substantial role in the company you opt for.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
EcoWatch's Columbine, CO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.