Solar Panel Cost Guide in Basalt, CO (Feb 2023)
- Basalt Solar Installation Cost: $9,942
- 25-Year Savings: $15,225
- Payback Period: 9.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Basalt
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it involves extra effort and know-how. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
Working with a licensed solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Basalt
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Basalt
There are a number of factors that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,690 per kilowatt in Basalt. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. In general, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a solid route because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Basalt, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$16,836||10.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$22,749||10.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$28,812||9.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,027||9.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$41,392||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$47,907||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$54,574||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$61,391||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies to choose from in Basalt, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry various brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Basalt, CO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.