Solar Panel Cost Guide in Yucaipa, CA (Jan 2023)
- Yucaipa Solar Installation Cost: $5,485
- 25-Year Savings: $13,284
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Yucaipa
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. Another upside of utilizing a solar installer is that they can help you maximize your return of investment by lowering your future costs of repairs and replacements because of warranties and helping you learn about local incentives you can take advantage of.
Working with a licensed solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Yucaipa
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Yucaipa
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Yucaipa is $5,485, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,730 per kilowatt in Yucaipa. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Yucaipa, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Yucaipa homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of renewable energy solutions in Yucaipa, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,303||7.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$36,710||7.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,270||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$55,982||7.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$65,848||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$75,866||6.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,038||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$96,362||6.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will influence not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, such as:
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a quality company.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Yucaipa, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.