Solar Panel Cost Guide in Winton, CA (Jan 2023)
- Winton Solar Installation Cost: $5,657
- 25-Year Savings: $19,230
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Winton
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra energy and expertise. Because of that, most people choose a solar panel installer. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for your home.
Working with a vetted solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Winton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Winton
While the average cost of a solar system in Winton is $5,657, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,730. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Winton average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are available from most installers in Winton, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you select will affect your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Winton know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,469||5.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$51,598||5.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,880||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$78,314||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$91,902||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$105,642||5.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$119,535||5.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$133,581||5.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Winton, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you'd like to get plays a part in which company you should choose, since different companies offer different panels.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Winton, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.