Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wilton, CA (Jan 2023)
- Wilton Solar Installation Cost: $5,886
- 25-Year Savings: $14,693
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wilton
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it takes extra labor and expertise. That's one of the reasons most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar companies offer can be valuable as well, especially if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Wilton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wilton
There are a number of criteria that can affect your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are available from most installers in Wilton, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar panels can influence how much it costs. Wilton's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$28,112||7.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,789||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$47,618||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$57,601||7.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$67,736||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$78,024||6.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$88,465||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$99,059||6.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will influence not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, including:
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panels running for years to come and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Wilton, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.