Solar Panel Cost Guide in Westlake Village, CA (Feb 2023)
- Westlake Village Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,323
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Westlake Village
Trying to install solar panels on your own can be a difficult task, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a licensed solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Westlake Village
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Westlake Village
For many Westlake Village homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Westlake Village, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,730. The model of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will considerably influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Further, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Westlake Village homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you pick will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,602||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,109||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,769||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$56,581||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$66,546||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$76,664||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,935||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$97,359||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Westlake Village, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the durability of your solar system, ensuring your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Westlake Village, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.