Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wasco, CA (Jan 2023)
- Wasco Solar Installation Cost: $5,542
- 25-Year Savings: $17,008
- Payback Period: 6.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wasco
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Using a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Companies can also have access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Wasco
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wasco
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Wasco: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,730 per kilowatt in Wasco. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Wasco offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$34,776||6.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$46,674||6.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$58,724||6.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$70,928||6.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$83,284||5.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$95,793||5.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$108,456||5.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$121,271||5.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Wasco, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry various brands and kinds of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Wasco, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.