Solar Panel Cost Guide in Victorville, CA (Jan 2023)
- Victorville Solar Installation Cost: $5,485
- 25-Year Savings: $13,284
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Victorville
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it involves extra energy and handiness. Because of that, most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar companies offer can be valuable as well, especially if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment you need.
If you're looking for a solar company in Victorville, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Victorville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Victorville
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Victorville: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Victorville to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to paying more over time due to interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's vital to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar panel system can affect your pricing. Victorville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,303||7.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$36,710||7.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,270||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$55,982||7.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$65,848||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$75,866||6.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,038||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$96,362||6.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Victorville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar company has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
EcoWatch's Victorville, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.