Solar Panel Cost Guide in Ukiah, CA (Jan 2023)
- Ukiah Solar Installation Cost: $5,943
- 25-Year Savings: $18,255
- Payback Period: 6.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Ukiah
Putting up solar panels by yourself can be a stressful undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Ukiah
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Ukiah
The cost of installing a solar system in Ukiah can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,730 per kilowatt in Ukiah. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Ukiah offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Ukiah is the company you get to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, you'll have many options for solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$34,726||6.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$46,607||6.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$58,641||6.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$70,827||6.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$83,167||5.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$95,660||5.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$108,305||5.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$121,103||5.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Ukiah, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.