Solar Panel Cost Guide in Tamalpais Homestead Valley, CA (Jan 2023)
- Tamalpais Homestead Valley Solar Installation Cost: $6,020
- 25-Year Savings: $20,311
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Tamalpais Homestead Valley
Trying to install solar panels on your own can be a stressful task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your family.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Tamalpais Homestead Valley:
See all of the solar companies in Tamalpais Homestead Valley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Tamalpais Homestead Valley
There are a number of factors that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,730. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Tamalpais Homestead Valley, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Tamalpais Homestead Valley, which can lower, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Tamalpais Homestead Valley, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,220||5.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$51,266||5.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,465||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$77,816||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$91,321||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$104,978||5.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$118,788||5.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$132,751||5.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's necessary to keep an open line of communication with your solar company. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you go with.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Tamalpais Homestead Valley, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.