Solar Panel Cost Guide in Stevenson Ranch, CA (Feb 2023)
- Stevenson Ranch Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,323
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Stevenson Ranch
When going solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar installer since installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. Since solar panels are exposed to rain, snow, hail and wind, depending on the climate, warranties and repairs from your solar installer can help you get the most out of your investment in solar panels by reducing potential costs down the line.
Working with a vetted solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Stevenson Ranch
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Stevenson Ranch
For many Stevenson Ranch homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Stevenson Ranch, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,730 per kilowatt in Stevenson Ranch. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Stevenson Ranch average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Stevenson Ranch have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Stevenson Ranch is the company you get to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,602||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,109||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,769||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$56,581||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$66,546||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$76,664||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,935||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$97,359||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will influence not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should take into account, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Stevenson Ranch, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.