Solar Panel Cost Guide in South San Gabriel, CA (Feb 2023)
- South San Gabriel Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,323
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in South San Gabriel
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners opt to go with a solar installation company since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. Because solar panels are exposed to rain, snow, hail and wind, depending on the climate, warranties and repairs from your solar installer can help you get the most out of your investment in solar panels by avoiding potential costs down the line.
If you're looking for a solar company in South San Gabriel, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in South San Gabriel
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in South San Gabriel
For many South San Gabriel homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in South San Gabriel, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in South San Gabriel, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like South San Gabriel, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in South San Gabriel to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to paying more over time due to interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in South San Gabriel is the company you get to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,602||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,109||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,769||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$56,581||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$66,546||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$76,664||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,935||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$97,359||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's South San Gabriel, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.