Solar Panel Cost Guide in Sierra Madre, CA (Jan 2023)
- Sierra Madre Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $15,957
- Payback Period: 6.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Sierra Madre
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Using a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar panel installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Sierra Madre
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Sierra Madre
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Sierra Madre is $5,446, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are quite a few factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Sierra Madre, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Sierra Madre, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$33,150||6.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$44,506||6.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$56,015||6.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$67,677||6.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$79,491||6.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$91,459||6.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$103,579||5.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$115,852||5.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Sierra Madre, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a substantial role in the company you opt for.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Sierra Madre, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.