Solar Panel Cost Guide in Santa Venetia, CA (Jan 2023)
- Santa Venetia Solar Installation Cost: $6,020
- 25-Year Savings: $20,311
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Santa Venetia
Many homeowners choose to use a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be hard. The payback period of solar panels will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy usage, but going with a solar company can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
If you're searching for a solar company in Santa Venetia, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Santa Venetia
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Santa Venetia
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Santa Venetia: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Santa Venetia to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in higher prices over time because of interest. Even though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Santa Venetia homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to solar energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Santa Venetia, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,220||5.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$51,266||5.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,465||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$77,816||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$91,321||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$104,978||5.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$118,788||5.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$132,751||5.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Santa Venetia, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.