Solar Panel Cost Guide in San Dimas, CA (Jan 2023)
- San Dimas Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,323
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in San Dimas
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it involves extra effort and know-how. That's one of the reasons almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for you.
Working with a professional solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in San Dimas
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in San Dimas
There are several factors that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in San Dimas have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in San Dimas have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,602||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,109||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,769||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$56,581||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$66,546||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$76,664||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,935||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$97,359||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's San Dimas, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.