Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rosemont, CA (Feb 2023)
- Rosemont Solar Installation Cost: $5,886
- 25-Year Savings: $14,693
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rosemont
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be challenging. Companies can also offer access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for you.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Rosemont
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rosemont
There are several factors that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Rosemont, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable choice because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you select will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$28,112||7.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,789||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$47,618||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$57,601||7.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$67,736||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$78,024||6.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$88,465||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$99,059||6.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will influence not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, such as:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you hire.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Rosemont, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.