Solar Panel Cost Guide in Ripon, CA (Jan 2023)
- Ripon Solar Installation Cost: $5,790
- 25-Year Savings: $20,450
- Payback Period: 5.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Ripon
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to use a solar installer since installing solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. A solar company can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you're searching for a solar company in Ripon, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Ripon
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Ripon
The cost of installing a solar system in Ripon can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Ripon to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to paying more over time due to interest. While solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Ripon homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to green energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Ripon, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$40,104||5.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$53,777||5.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$67,604||5.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$81,583||5.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$95,715||5.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$110,001||5.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$124,439||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$139,030||5.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose significantly influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. Make sure you understand how the installation process works and the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Ripon, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.